This website (https://www.ms-ins.com/), hereafter referred to as "the Website," is managed under the administration of Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co., Ltd. ("the Company"). We ask that you please read the following cautionary statement and understand its contents before using the Website.
1. Forecasts and Estimates
Any statements contained in the Website that are not historical facts are based on the Company's own judgment as gauged from current readily available information. This information includes future plans, strategies, and forecasts and estimates for business performance. The Company wishes to caution readers that actual results could vary considerably from projections in the aforementioned categories as a result of numerous uncertainties. These factors include, but are not limited to, (1) overall economic trends in the Company's business domains; (2) intensified competition in the insurance business; (3) volatility to foreign currency exchange rates; and (4) changes in the tax code and other regulatory standards.
- Although the information contained in the Website has been carefully vetted, the Company cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided within.
- The Company does not assume any responsibility whatsoever for damages or losses which may be incurred based on the information presented on the Website.
- The content of the Website may be revised, suspended, or discontinued without prior notice.
- When users move to other websites using links or banners on the Website, the Company does not assume any responsibility whatsoever for the contents of other websites.
All content on the Website (information, design, logo marks, sound, and other matter) is copyrighted by the Company. The reproduction, use, or editing of content without prior consent is prohibited.
The Company makes the utmost effort to prevent illegal access, falsification, and other illegal activities in regard to customer information through the Website. Toward this end, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data-signal codification is used. In addition, firewalls have been installed to protect information on the Website.
5. Handling of Customer Information
Please go to the following link for information on handling of customer information.
6. Recommended OSs and browsers
The following web browsers are recommended for viewing the Website.
- Internet Explorer 9.0 and later (Windows)
- Latest version of Firefox (Windows)
- Latest version of Google Chrome (Windows)
- Latest version of Safari (Mac OS X)
- iOS7 and later
- Android 4.2 and later
- Adobe®Flash®Player is required to view the content of the Website.
- Adobe®Reader® is required to view PDF files.
7. Web accessibility
Web accessibility refers to creating an easy-to-access, user friendly website regardless of our customers’ software, device or communication environment.
Based on the following guidelines, the Company are striving to improve the accessibility of the Website.
Common functions available on widely available browsers.
- To change the font size using keyboard shortcuts, click the “+” (increase) or “–” (decrease) key while holding down the “Ctrl” (or “Command”) key.
- To change the font size using keyboard shortcuts and mouse wheel, scroll the mouse wheel up (increase) or down (decrease) while holding down the “Ctrl” key.
Cookies are small text files that contain arbitrary text strings not including personal data. When you visit the Website, cookies, sent from the Website, will be stored on the hard disk of your device through your web browser.
If you want to prevent log collection, you can disable the cookies by changing the settings of your browser so that cookies will not be stored on your device.
However, some of the website’s functions may not be available if cookies are disabled.
If you want to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can use Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Japanese laws and ordinances apply to all matters regarding use of the Website. The Tokyo District Court of Japan is the first court with special legal jurisdiction over any legal disputes or litigation.
- *Microsoft Internet Explorer is a registered trademark or trademark of the U.S. Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- *Flash and Adobe®Flash®Player are trademarks or registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- *Adobe®Reader® is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.